Admissions to TAG for Kindergarten through Third Grade is handled by the New York City Department of Education, Office of Elementary School Admissions.
Admissions information for the 2023-2024 school year for Grades K-3 have not yet been released.
There are two types of G&T programs:
- K-to-5 G&T programs
- These existing programs serve children throughout elementary school, from kindergarten through grade 5.
- Children can enter these programs in kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, or grade 3.
NEW – Top Performer (“Grade 3”) G&T programs
- These 32 programs––one in each NYC community school district––serve children from grade 3 to grade 5.
- Children enter these invitation-only programs in grade 3. Top-performing grade 2 students (whose grades are in the top 10% at their school) are invited to apply.
Learn more about how and when to participate, as well as how G&T offers are made at the DOE’s website.
NEW – 4th and 5th Grade Admissions:
For families new to the New York City Department of Education or for sibling transfer requests, please reach out to the Family Welcome Center for assistance.
Address: 333 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor, Room 1211 New York, NY 10001
Please see the below information prior to contacting the Family Welcome Center:
- Be sure to include your child’s first name, last name, date of birth, and OSIS number
- Let us know if you need support in another language
- Let us know if you (the child’s parent/guardian) are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Please do NOT include any photographs of students with your message.