- Summer Rising will be available throughout the City to every New York City student, including students with disabilities.
- All programs will be run by local school leaders and trusted community-based organizations.
- Summer Rising programs are full day and in-person experiences.
- All programs will create a bridge back to school in the fall and give parents peace of mind as they return to work.
- The environment will be safe and supportive. Staff members are prepared to respond to children’s social and emotional needs.
- Summer programs will offer academic support, arts, recreation, and social-emotional support.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served to each student.
Families who applied to Summer Rising received an email or a call from the DOE in early July with their child’s program location information. Students who are not signed up yet may attend the program connected with their home school or a Summer Rising program that is convenient to them. You can find where your child’s school program is located on the Summer Rising Locations page. Families who are not yet enrolled will have the opportunity to fill out necessary paperwork where their child is attending Summer Rising.