The following are the steps involved for applying to TAG for 6th grade, for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Contact your child’s current elementary school counselor to obtain the New York City Department of Education’s (NYCDOE) Middle School Application for the 2018-2019 school year.
- List TAG (04M012) as one of your choices.
- In January, the New York City Department of Education’s Office of Enrollment will send TAG the list of all students who applied to TAG.
- TAG will review all of the applicants’ information (report card grades, state test scores, attendance, etc).
- After reviewing all student information, we will identify and contact students for an entrance exam and personal interview. This will take place in March, 2018. (Note: the number of invitations will be determined by the number of projected available seats for the 2018-2019 school year.)
- After testing and interviews, TAG will inform families of the results.
For general information regarding the New York City Department of Education’s Middle School Admissions process please visit the Middle School Admissions site.
For TAG-specific inquiries, please fill out the form below.