The following are the steps involved for applying to TAG for 6th grade.
- Contact your child’s current elementary school counselor to obtain the New York City Department of Education’s (NYCDOE) Middle School Application.
- List TAG (04M012) as one of your choices.
- The New York City Department of Education’s Office of Enrollment will send TAG the list of all students who applied to TAG.
- TAG will review all of the applicants’ information (report card grades, state test scores, attendance, etc).
- After reviewing all student information, we will identify and contact students for an entrance exam and personal interview.
- After testing and interviews, TAG will inform families of the results.
For general information regarding the New York City Department of Education’s Middle School Admissions process please visit the Middle School Admissions site.
For TAG specific questions, you may contact our Parent Coordinator, Mr. Johnson at DJohnson73@schools.nyc.gov